Light Duty Return to Work Program
The Franklin Safety Group provide a computer based Light Duty Return to Work Program (LDRWP) for employees in need of light duty work due to a work-related injury. The computer based safety training will sustain an injured employee during their route to recovery. It will also allow valuable time for key job training. Light Duty Return to Work Training will reduce the financial impact on the employer by having the opportunity to postpone or not file a workers' compensation claim on the employee during their time of recovery.
The Light Duty Return to Work Training program will allow the employer to assign the employee to our facility for computer based safety training and ensure that the employee has reasonable accommodations to recover while still earning a pay check.
How will it work?
When an employee receives documentation from a company doctor or a physician from a medical clinic that states he or she cannot return to work full time, but qualify for Light Duty, the employer can then contact our Light Duty Coordinator in your area. The Light Duty Coordinator will work closely with the company’s management and employee to ensure that zero lost days occur while we provide computer based safety training. The employee will remain in light duty status if a physician approves the documentation.
- Reduce Worker's Compensation costs (including medicals)
- Eliminate lost working days
- Increase operational productivity
- Good will is established between the employer and employee
- Eliminate or reduce hiring and training substitute employees
- Retention of trained & experienced employees
- Provide employee with computer based safety training
- Improve self-esteem, morale, and personal security
- Reduce financial hardship on family
- Reduce stress over continued employment
- Motivates employees to get back to their regular duties
- Maintain seniority & benefits while employee recover
- Keep the injured employee mentally & physically conditioned to the regular work schedule
- Increase safety awareness through safety training